Monday, July 2, 2012

Celebrate in style

I am disappointed with the way tennis players celebrate these days. All of them just fall on the floor like they have been shot. It is self-indulgent and really boring.

I quite like the traditional celebration of jumping over the net to shake hands with your opponent. It shows exuberance, good sportsmanship and athletic ability.
The other obvious option is that favoured by Andrew Ilie who enjoyed destroying his shirt in post match celebrations. He wasn't trying to show off a six pack - the man just rejoiced in destruction. I hope he bought a monster truck with the winnings from that one tournament he made it to the quarter finals in. I hope he uses it to crush old carollas.

I've seen some pretty amazing celebrations in other sports. Tennis really needs to lift its game.

No comments:

Post a Comment