Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Still got it?

Back in my glory days (1995) I was playing in a rugby match in Grenfell. With a minute left to go we were up by one point and to run down the clock I attempted a penalty goal from halfway. I frickin smashed it and by some miracle it went over.

Despite hanging up my boots at the conclusion of the 95 season I have gone down the park each winter just to see if I've still got it. Normally it takes a lot of attempts and a good helping breeze but eventually I land one from the 50 metre mark.

Today I went down to the local park feeling ready to prove that my 32 year old body could do just as well as my 17 year old body. The ball was inflated just right, there was a nice following breeze and my hammy was well stretched. Only one problem - they'd taken the posts down.

No comments:

Post a Comment