Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snippets

Sometimes you don't hear all of a conversation but the bit you do hear can be quite disturbing. The other day I heard these words from the woman across the road while she was talking on her phone: "is that because I know where the body is buried?".

To be fair she could have been talking about a cat but then surely she would have said "is that because I know where Mr Whiskers is buried?" assuming as I do that her cat was named Mr Whiskers.

She could have been talking about Elle McPherson who was nicknamed "the body" but as far as I know she's not dead. If it was her grandpa that she was talking about surely she would have the decency to still call him Pop rather than "the body".

I really hope I don't see any shovels in the back of her car.

No comments:

Post a Comment