Monday, June 18, 2012

a wee bit too competitive

I think competition is a good thing. Without the world would be kind of pathetic. Cadel Evans would be an unremarkable short guy with a bum chin, Tiger Woods would be picking up even trashier cocktail waitresses and Ussain Bolt would probably just be having a doobie, listening to Bob Marley and staring at the participation certificate he got for that year six running race.

I was brought up to be competitive and I find it really hard to switch off. I realised this when I was giving blood today and I was trying to race the other people to see if I could fill up my bag first. I have to say I got a little bit excited when my machine started beeping well ahead of the guy with the cardigan and the woman in the tracky-dacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment