Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Uninspired

Beyond any policies, politics or sexism there is a pretty clear reason why Julia Gillard is no longer PM - she just wasn't inspiring.

Leaders should be able to inspire but the only thing her dull voice ever inspired me to do was change the channel. Every time she talked it was like I was back in year eight history class with some droney teacher endlessly blathering on about something or other that was probably very interesting but made to sound ever so fucking boring that I would just vandalise my desk with my set of geometry compasses.

As well as being an inspirational figure I think it helps if your leader is an aspirational figure. Awkward photo shoots of Julia doing the knitting or standing around in a footy jersey didn't really help with that. When it comes down to it, no one really aspires to be some bogan auntie that shacked up with a goofy hairdresser.

I can understand people wanting to be like Obama. He is cool, good looking, has a hot wife and can even manage to sing and dance without looking like a complete dick. K Rudd is certainly a lot daggier but at least he has something going on. He is smart, bilingual, has a rich wife and a cute half Asian granddaughter. He can also make a relatively inspiring speech and doesn't make my skin crawl like Tony Abbott. I don't know if that will get him over the line but at least I won't have to listen to Julia's nasal droning up until the election.




No comments:

Post a Comment